Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lease help me identify these two peices of organ music that three cathedrals cannot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lease help me identify these two peices of organ music that three cathedrals cannot!

i have been searching for months trying to find out what these two pieces of organ are called and who composed them???

The first one starts at 14 secs and the second part starts at 47 secs. If you can shed any light on the matter you will be doing me a massive favour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvk4b...source=message

I got a message: "The URL contained a malformed video ID--sorry about that"

David

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvk4b...source=message im hoping this link works

Comment

That one worked. The music sounds like it might be contemporary with Bach or slightly before him, but I don't know the works.

Comment

The first is a piece by British composer, Thomas Arne - a 'con spirito' movement from one of his concertos. The second sounds like JS Bach - Toccata in F major BWV540. Both can be found on youtube.
          Last edited by Ozorgan; 01-17-2012, 06:41 AM. Reason: spelling error- spirito

Comment

Its Thomas Arne Concerto No 3 in A Major and Johaan Krebbs Toccata and Fugue in A Minor

any idea where i can get a good recording of Thomas Arne Concerto No 3 in A Major from???

Comment

Thanks for pinning down the Krebs Toccata.
              Paul Nicholson and The Parley of Instruments Baroque Orchestra have released a CD using piano on the Hyperion label - 'Arne: Six Favourite Concertos'.
              It is available from iTunes as a whole or as individual movements.
              Last edited by Ozorgan; 01-18-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X