X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myorgan
    replied
    I was originally going to record the piece for you to listen to, but ran out of time.

My only comments are:
    1. A fugue has specific compositional requirements, as well as overall organization, so you should check on that.
    2. The 3/4 section felt a little odd to me.

Suggestions:
    When you compose, make sure you have something in your composition for a reason (i.e. tempo change, meter change, etc.). Think of it from the listener's perspective--Can you handle many sudden changes in a piece, or should they be more limited?

I'll write more when I have time.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• nof-z
    replied
    Thanks!!! This is exactly what I needed! I originally was going to put a actuall fugue, but didn't, and forgot to remove the label. Thanks for the input!

Leave a comment:

• Fettler
    replied
    Hello! Well done for having a go at composing and for having the bravery to post it on here.

The piece you have written is not a suite, it is a single piece with different sections. The left hand needs to move about more: introducing a countermelody will really lift the piece: too much block chording can sound muddy. Fugue means melody against melody and requires a lot of thought and understanding to compose, so if you want to write a fugue you should do some reading up on it. If you get it right it can sound magnificent on the organ.

Overall, a good attempt.

Best wishes,
    Fettler

Leave a comment:

• nof-z
    started a topic Something I wrote. comments?

Something I wrote. comments?

For the past few weeks I have been working on this piece, and am finally able to "publish" it. feel free to take it and use it for whatever you want. just don't try to pass it off as your own :) I also wouldn't mind a video or recording of someone playing this... do you have any comments for the next one I write? any requests?

Organ Suite in b flat Major.pdf
Working...
X