Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs

    Pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs by Louis-Fran├žois-Alexandre Frelon - does anyone know where to find a copy of the sheet music? Struggling to find it..

    All the best!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Liben View Post
    Pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs by Louis-Fran├žois-Alexandre Frelon - does anyone know where to find a copy of the sheet music? Struggling to find it..
    I see that an Italian public library in Como has it. If everything else fail, you can contact them and have it scanned for a fee.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks! I tried to contact this library a long while ago and still no reply, but I guess it's still the best option so far.

      Comment


      • #4
        Liben,

        Have you checked here? http://imslp.org/wiki/Album_de_musiq...re%2C_Edouard)

        Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

        Comment


        • #5
          It looks like the link on IMSLP is a little wierd (clicking on Frelon sends to Edouard). Here's one that goes to Frelon instead of Edouard (thanks to Google) http://imslp.org/wiki/L'art_de_l'org...ois-Alexandre)

          I still don't see a pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs (Pastoral for two expressive organs?), though on IMSLP.

          Edit: All I'm finding in various google searches are book references to the piece but no actual sheet music. Link to Catalogue of music for organ and instruments.
          I also found a few other links that may help with the search.
          http://data.bnf.fr/14989410/louis-francois-alexandre_frelon/

          Liben, where did you find out about this piece? (Do you have a recording?)
          Last edited by samibe; 02-15-2018, 01:04 PM.
          Sam
          Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
          Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by samibe View Post
            It looks like the link on IMSLP is a little wierd (clicking on Frelon sends to Edouard). Here's one that goes to Frelon instead of Edouard (thanks to Google) http://imslp.org/wiki/L'art_de_l'org...ois-Alexandre)

            I still don't see a pastorale pour deux orgues expressifs (Pastoral for two expressive organs?), though on IMSLP.

            Edit: All I'm finding in various google searches are book references to the piece but no actual sheet music. Link to Catalogue of music for organ and instruments.
            I also found a few other links that may help with the search.
            http://data.bnf.fr/14989410/louis-francois-alexandre_frelon/

            Liben, where did you find out about this piece? (Do you have a recording?)
            Thanks Sam for your investigations!
            I found out about the piece through both the Catalogue and the link you referred to, as well as a doctoral thesis by M. Dieterlen. Somewhere I read that it is the only historical piece written for two harmoniums. Also, I found that someone has performed the piece at a concert in 2011: http://www.harmonium.fr/pages/concer...mars-2011.html
            Would be so great to get a hold of this unique document.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Michael! Yes, no luck there unfortunately :S

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Liben View Post
                Thanks! I tried to contact this library a long while ago and still no reply, but I guess it's still the best option so far.
                I am Italian, if you want I can try to phone them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That would be so fantastic! If you would do this wonderful deed, could you perhaps also ask if they have any harmonium scores by Charlotte Dreyfus?
                  Very many thanks to you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Liben View Post
                    That would be so fantastic! If you would do this wonderful deed, could you perhaps also ask if they have any harmonium scores by Charlotte Dreyfus?
                    Very many thanks to you!
                    They say they sent it just now! B-)

                    Now we want your rendition! :P

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fantastic! :D let me know when you have got it! I'm so looking forward to performing the music :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        PM Sent!

                        Does anyone know if this is considered Public Domain?
                        If so I can share with everyone.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fffaaa View Post
                          PM Sent!

                          Does anyone know if this is considered Public Domain?
                          If so I can share with everyone.
                          The music certainly is, but if it's a recent edition (within the last 25 years) then the edition/engraving won't be - at least in the UK

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not sure if it is public domain but you could probably submit it to IMSLP and see if they know differently.

                            http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Copyright_Made_Simple
                            http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Contributing_scores
                            http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Score_submission_guide

                            It looks like you have to set up an account to submit a score and I'm not sure if it costs anything to register, but it might be worth looking into.
                            Sam
                            Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
                            Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by samibe View Post
                              I'm not sure if it is public domain but you could probably submit it to IMSLP and see if they know differently.
                              Thanks samibe; as long as IMPSL legal structure and accounting keep being opaque, I prefer not to submit any score there.

                              If anyone wants it, drop me a PM!
                              Last edited by fffaaa; 02-27-2018, 11:30 AM. Reason: foxed link

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X