X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachmaninoff Prelude Vierne Transcription

Hi all,

I've searched and come up empty.
    Does anyone have a copy of the Vierne Transcription of Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# Minor or know where I can find one?
    I heard it played maybe 2 years ago and for some reason it's now come back into my mind.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Mgbauer,

Welcome to the Forum! Have you checked on IMSLP?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Michael,

Thanks! Yes, it's not there.

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        That's too bad. Sometimes there will be tabs for arrangements and will include things like: One piano, 4 hands; Organ; Recorder quartet; Kalimba solo, etc. Granted, the arrangements wouldn't be that esoteric, but they would exist. Perhaps it's not in public domain yet?

Michael

It is available from Free-scores.com. Try this link: https://www.free-scores.com/sheetmusic?p=aMRdcLll2c

There are a number of videos available of this arrangement on YT. It sounds surprisingly good on the organ. Here is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVORPGA-9yo
      Last edited by myorgan; 05-22-2020, 11:40 AM. Reason: Fix Free Score link–went through YT instead of to link.
      Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

Appreciate it! Apparently I didn't look hard enough.

Comment

• voet
          voet commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the beauty of this forum. We help each other out. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I think it works well transcribed for organ.

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Make sure you like Bill's post (voet) where he provided the source.

Michael

There is an arrangement by Fred G. Shinn in the Red Album of Twenty Pieces for Organ. I'm not certain it's as good as the Vierne arrangement but the pedals are used a bit more.
        Sam
        Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
        Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

Working...
        X