Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organ Shoes... Are they worth it or not......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organ Shoes... Are they worth it or not......

I am as most of you already know, only 14 years old.
    I was just wondering if ordering a pair of organ shoes would help any for my Chruch Hymns, and Baroque Music such as Bach.

I was wondering if it would be worth my investment.
    Thanks
    Joseph

Re: Organ Shoes... Are they worth it or not......

I played organ casually for years, never really used the feet. Once I started lessons, I bought the organmasters. Now, I can't go back. The shoes are narrower, easier to play, and with the higher heel you can play thirds in the pedal excersises!
    Allen, circa 2006

Comment

K thanks

Comment

Joseph,
        I've nerver needed Organmasters as I'm not that good. But, from what I hear, professionals swear by them.

I just use loafers from Goodwill because I'm poor.

Comment

I'am seriously thinking of getting shoes. As I see fugue, you can only get better with them. You say you are not good is because you want to make yourself think that. Virgil Fox, as I just watched the movie I ordered when he performed at Wanamakers, knew he was good ever sence he was 13, and believing that someday he would be best, drove his passion and desire.

The only thing is that the shoes are 50+ bucks, and it'll be a while.
          Thanks
          By the way if you've seen Virgil Fox plays the grand court organ at wanamakers, what is the first song he plays on the extras, on the Wanamaker organ, where you can acually see him playing?
          Thanks again...
          Joseph

Comment

Comment

Fugue, please realize that the majority of us are in the same boat as you! Unless it's a church with 4 sunday services and 3 weddings every saturday, they probably aren't going to have an Obrerlin grad! I can play more than 2 pieces from the orgelbuchlein, but not a whole lot. truth be told, i auditioned for oberlin with alain's litanies, bach preulde and fugue in A, and Brahms Herz. Jesu. I got in. Of those three pieces, though, the only one i can still play is the brahms! i have NO idea how i was able to learn litanies.
              Finally self-published some of my compositions! https://www.createspace.com/3734555
              Piano and organ videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CurtisBooksMusic

Comment

I attended a master class with Marie Claire Alain where after walking in late because of a flight delay, She promptly threw off her coat and sat down at the organ and batted the Litanies out with flawless technical ability. In High heels no less. So, the question of whether or not to buy organ shoes is at best an individual choice. I would have to say though the advantage of a leather soled tie shoe with very little lip on the edge would help a young organist develop a more accurate pedal technic.

Tutti,
                What a great selection for an audition! I performed the Litanies and the "a "min in my last recital I ever played.

Comment

Who are the best quality organ shoes made from?

Comment

J Weidinger, I see that you got the Wanamaker cd/dvd. The piece that Virgil plays is the "gigue fugue" of Bach that he made famous. I wear organmaster shoes. They are comfortable, narrow, help me play thirds and allow me to easily slide from one note to another. Organ shoes are a worthwhile investment. Remember, music is at its best when it is for God's glory and for man's good.

Comment

ya but what are the best organ shoes?

Comment

As long as the shoe has a leather sole and heel with the sole trimmed to the side, any make of shoe that ties will fill the bill. Find a pair of shoes that are comfortable and fit well. then take them to a local cobbler and have done to them what needs done. it is an easy affordable way to have a good pair of organ shoes

Comment

Ya, but is there just a place where I can get the starting shoe, then edit it.
                          I was thinking and looking at organmastershoes.com .

k Thanks
                          Joseph

Comment

high heels

Comment

Tooh: j_weidinger: Well, I heard somewhere that for "poor" organists, instead of buying the Organmaster shoes, go to a dance studio and buy tap shoes without the taps!

I just heard that or read that somewhere. It sounds good tooh mee!

I would like to write to you. j_weidinger. Would you write to me at CindyBradyTooh@fastmail.fm?

~Cindy!

Comment

Working...
                              X