This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowerby Sine Nomine

Could some experienced, kind soul out there recommend a decent, currently available source (sheet or book) for Sowerby's Prelude on Sine Nomine? It's one of my favorites and I've decided to attack it this winter.</p>

Thanks,</p>

-- Tom</p>

</p>
    Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Re: Sowerby Sine Nomine

I'm glad to hear of your interest in Sowerby - Ilike his music very much.</P>

Regarding the Prelude onSine Nomine I have two versions in my library, both from H.W. Gray Publications. One is called "Ten Preludes on Hymn Tunes by Leo Sowerby" and the other is a large spiral-bound volume called "Selected Organ Works by Leo Sowerby".</P>

I did a very rudimentary search on the internet and didn't see these editions, but I did come up with some alternatives:</P>

The organ resourcepage at the University of Notre Dame lists The St. Cecilia Collection of Music for Lent and Easter. Compiled &amp; Edited by Dale Tucker. GB00663. $10.95. This is also published by H.W. Gray. This website is only a listing of titles but I thought I'd include it because it is so interesting - I also wasn't aware of the Dale Tucker volume.</P>

Here is another link from which you can actually order the music: it is in a compilation by Fred Bock. </P>

Comment

Yet again, you're a great font of info, SB32 [:D]. Many thanks for the assistance.</p>

I have also become a great fan of Sowerby's music, and intend to continue learning additional pieces as time permits.
      </p>

-- Tom</p>

</p>
      Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

An update for anyone else searching for this specific selection...</p>

Sadly, none of the currently in-print publications contains this piece. However, I was able to obtain a copy of the out-of-print "Ten Preludes on Hymn Tunes..." that does from The Camden Music Shop in the UK.</p>

Where would we be without the Internet?</p>

-- Tom</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
        X