Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up with the 1966 one, and actually bought a copy recently (because I was looking for a hymn I remembered, and in the form I remembered it I couldn't find it on hymnary.org, but it was there in the '66 — "Come ye sinners, poor and needy" set to PLEADING SAVIOR), which I scanned in completely, so the dead tree copy can remain in near-pristine condition.

I've also got the '89 hymnal that is still in use, a 1990 Presbyterian hymnal, and the 1985 Mormon hymnal, and would be happy to look anything up if needed.

Comment

Folks,

What do you think about a thread where we list the hymnals we have in our collection? Last fall, we did an Old-Fashioned Hymn Sing at one of my churches, and afterward, we had a hymnal display going back to the early 1800s with maybe 50-75 of our hymnals--including some of the shaped note hymnals my maternal grandparents had. It was quite interesting when we found an alternate melody and harmonization of the familiar words, Jesus Loves Me. It was a fun night for all who attended. As always, I over-planned, so we went long, but I plan to rectify that in the future. Upcoming events include a hymn-history night, learning to sing harmony night, etc.

What do y'all think?

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

That would be fun, Michael. If you'll start the thread, I'll be sure to contribute (if I'm able to work the computer after Friday's surgery...)

I once tried to collect hymnals representing all the denominations in which I serviced instruments, though I fell far short. Now and then I'd run into a church yard sale where they'd be selling surplus or obsolete or damaged books for a song. (no pun intended) I've picked up a few oldies that way.

I'll be watching for the thread.
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
        X