This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To God Be The Glory....Fred Swann Arrangement

Does anyone know where I can order the Fred Swann sheet music arrangement of the hymn To God Be The Glory?
    It's the one on You Tube played by Garrett Martin.

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/sm/7069520

Comment

Thanks very much.
      I did find a Crystal Cathedral Golden Collection (Ed. by Swann and Thallander) on line for $34.95.
      It's got 50 of the all time great hymns.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Furr View Post
        I did find a Crystal Cathedral Golden Collection (Ed. by Swann and Thallander) on line for $34.95.
        It's got 50 of the all time great hymns.
        Don,

If that's the collection I have, it is just the hymns--not arrangements. I'll check my copy when I get home.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
          Don,

If that's the collection I have, it is just the hymns--not arrangements. I'll check my copy when I get home.

Michael
          Michael this copy is the 2006 edition. It's got the introduction, hymn, key modulation, etc. Looks like the real deal.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
          Don,

Michael
          Michael this copy is the 2006 edition. It's got the introduction, hymn, key modulation, etc. Looks like the real deal.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Furr View Post
            I don't know... I had one of those Fred Swann hymn collections "The Power and The Glory", something like that. Like Michael says it was just an introduction, the hymn in the usual key, and a modulation to a 'free harmonization'. Alright I guess, but I do that kind of stuff without any music. Where I like to have an expert doing the heavy lifting is for the classical hymns by European (Brits count) composers. What Garret Martin is playing is a full on arrangement, a completely different beast. The collection sold through Presto Music is more likely to have the arrangement you want. The big collection of 50 hymns will disappoint, unless you really like that sort of thing.

Comment

Working...
            X