Processional No. 1 in D Major, "The Rose" - By John Edelmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processional No. 1 in D Major, "The Rose" - By John Edelmann

Now that we've played this at my daughter's wedding (11/23), I can share this little composition. I came up with this number for the occasion of my only child's wedding. I had a little help with the organ arrangement, but enjoy... I'd be interested in any feed back ... thanks!

Nice stately tempo and a great length for a bridal procession. It must have meant a great deal to your daughter that you did this for her.
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

Comment

John,

The opening reminded me of another piece I've heard, but I can't remember the name. Other than the first phrase, though, it diverges into a nice piece. Good work! It was interesting to me you used ornamentation sometimes in the inner voices rather than the melody. It made me pay attention.

May I assume it was played with a piccolo trumpet?

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Wow, what an amazing and unique gift to your daughter.
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
        Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
        Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

That is lovely, and how very spiffy to have your own bridal march! Your daughter is one lucky bride

Comment

Beautiful piece.

Comment

Working...
            X