Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholic choral anthems

Hey

Does anyone have a list, or spreadsheet, of choral anthems suitable for Catholic Liturgies depending on Solemnity/Feast/lLiturgical Season?
    I’d be so grateful for even a starter.
    Personal - Allen custom Heritage III 58-Q with 4x H-100, 6x H-200 & 1x B20, Allen Ensemble

Church - Rodgers 950 3 manual lighted drawknob

I have an Excel spreadsheet of about 10 years of anthems from my tenure serving an Episcopal parish. Send me a PM with your email address if you would like a copy.

Also, one of the best collections of choir anthems is Oxford's New Church Anthem Book. The 100 works cover the church year, so it is a great addition to a choir library. Most of the pieces are well within the ability of a good volunteer choir. You can check it out at the link below:

https://global.oup.com/academic/prod...cc=us&lang=en&

Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

One source I use frequently is Cantica Nova Publications. You will find the entire Roman calendar as well as suggestions for choral anthems, hymns and organ music appropriate for the given day.

Comment

Thank you both so much! I am beyond grateful.
        Personal - Allen custom Heritage III 58-Q with 4x H-100, 6x H-200 & 1x B20, Allen Ensemble

Church - Rodgers 950 3 manual lighted drawknob

Comment

I am a Catholic organist and here is what I use from the St. Michael Hymnal: Link: https://stmichaelhymnal.com/files/Li...ar%20Index.pdf
          [removed link to PDF as the previous link goes directly there. Michael–Moderator]
          Last edited by myorgan; 04-06-2020, 04:03 PM. Reason: Remove inoperative link.
          “I play the notes as they are written (well, I try), but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
          Organs I Play:
          - Allen 2100(T); 1951 M.P. Moller, 3 manual, 56 stop, 60 ranks, (Opus 8152); and 1965 Balcom and Vaughan 3 manual, 34 stops, 25 ranks (Opus 690)

Comment

• myorgan
            myorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Philip,

How did you ever find that?!!! I've been looking for something like that to use for selecting hymns where I play. I'm not Catholic so it's a fairly new realm for me, sticking with the liturgical calendar. I've never done that before, and to me before, Advent and Christmas were the same.

Michael

• Philip Powell
            Philip Powell commented
            Editing a comment
            If you just look up St. Michael hymnal, you can find anything from the book by searching through the sites. This includes organ and choir music!
        Working...
        X