Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liturgical prelude and postludes

Hey

Does anyone have a list of preludes and postludes in categorised by the liturgical calendar?
    Personal - Allen custom Heritage III 58-Q with 4x H-100, 6x H-200 & 1x B20, Allen Ensemble

Church - Rodgers 950 3 manual lighted drawknob

SMP,

It depends on the liturgical calendar you're using. However, Preludes and Postludes are generally chosen according to the day (i.e. feast day or saint's day), or the Scripture reading, or the overall Season (i.e. Lent, Easter, Christmas, Advent, etc.).

The Catholic Liturgical Calendar is located here and is available in PDF form: http://www.usccb.org/about/divine-wo...ndar/index.cfm, and (I believe Episcopal) in calendar form: https://www.lectionarypage.net/Calnd...endar2020.html.

Hope that helps.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

• Philip Powell
      Philip Powell commented
      Editing a comment
      If I was you, I would definitely trust the USCCB since it has papal approval.

Thanks! Very helpful!
    Personal - Allen custom Heritage III 58-Q with 4x H-100, 6x H-200 & 1x B20, Allen Ensemble

Church - Rodgers 950 3 manual lighted drawknob

Comment

Hi and greetings from Vancouver BC ..... Im wondering if any one might have Vol 6 of the “ Liturgical Organist “ series? I have everyone of them 1-5 except vol. 6.
      Im a 71 year old Pipe organ enthusiast and only started to learn at 60 and this is a great gradual learning system.
      Also wondering if anyone has struggled with Hauptwerk Version 5. I did get it to work with multiple amplifiers etc. but its been a bit hit and miss .....

Comment

Working...
      X