Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure the pastor would approve of the drowning.

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    At my old parish, they had something like worship music every month so I and my family would hop in our 15 passenger van and drive 45 minutes to the cathedral where my brother worked.

• Peterboroughdiapason
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, very nice. Our hymns are normally of the more traditional kind, which suits me. On third Sundays (in normal times) we have more "modern" songs. I'm not usually involved in that, so slink off to a more traditional church!

• Peterboroughdiapason
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. The singers and organ are all on separate tracks, so the organ balance is deliberate! Although, I'm not necessarily against organists drowning singers - preferably not literally!
    Last edited by Peterboroughdiapason; 06-09-2020, 10:15 AM.

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice. It sounds like you need an organ

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you and yes it is a fine organ (minus the corky pedals). I like your version of Nicea better although it was almost drowned out by the singers. Anyways, very nice!

• Leisesturm
    replied
    Jolly good PD, I am doubly envious. First that my parents didn't stay in England when they left Jamaica and abandon the Anglican Church for United Methodists, and second, that I can't work up anything that sounds remotely that inspired without sheet music. Ah well ... I guess we all did some version of "Holy, holy, holy" last Sunday. Here is mine (my playing, not my arrangement). Only one mistake but it is a doozy. Starts at 0:00 to 1:35 and re-starts 32:46 to end. I might also direct your attention to 27:29 for "Now the Silence", a hymn that I find quite meaningful. The singer didn't like it, but says it has grown on her.

Leave a comment:

• Peterboroughdiapason
    replied
    Very good playing and sounds like a fine organ. Rawsthorne's last verses can't be beaten, but here's my take on "Holy, holy, holy" - not necessarily in the best of taste! (Only 5 singers this week.)
    https://kingscliffe.church/online-se...rinity-sunday/
    At 7.35

Leave a comment:

• you795a
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip Powell
    Here is my playing (I apologize for the mistakes) this Trinity Sunday:
    We all make mistakes, Nobody is perfect.
    Last edited by myorgan; 06-07-2020, 07:27 PM. Reason: Fix quote.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Powell
    replied
    Here is my playing (I apologize for the mistakes) this Trinity Sunday: https://youtu.be/nZPURw1q6lc?t=236
    Entrance: Holy, Holy, Holy by Noel Rawsthorne (3:50) by Freidrich Zachau
    Offertory: Come, Thou Almighty King (38:27)
    Communion: First part of Allein Gott in der Höh' sei Ehr by Freidrich Zachau (53:30)
    Also played (not in the video) was Lord, Who At Thy First Eucharist (for the first communicant), Sing Praise to Our Creator, and All Offertorio by Domenico Zipoli.
    You can also listen to the Gospel reading and celebrant Father Derek Lappe's homily on "The World's Problem" (11:55)
    Thank you and I hope you enjoy at least some music on this celebration of the Most Holy Trinity. - Philip

Leave a comment:

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    Michael, It's Sing Praise to Our Creator.

• Peterboroughdiapason
    commented on 's reply
    Good thinking!

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    I really love this hymn! Out of the 809 hymns in my book, it is the only one that is torn out. I also love this church, the organist, and, obviously, the organ. Thanks for the suggestions! Do you happen to have sheet music?

• Philip Powell
    commented on 's reply
    If they don't know them, they can't sing them so that's good! Thanks for the suggestions!

• Peterboroughdiapason
    replied
    A favourite old Irish hymn:
    https://hymnary.org/text/i_bind_unto_myself_today

Or a plainsong one: O Trinity of blessed light (attached)

And here (also attached) are the suggestions of the RSCM - the numbers are from UK hymn books and I don't know how many of the hymns would be familiar to you
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X