Christus Vincit Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christus Vincit Organ

I just wanted to post this little piece of music I just wrote up for tomorrow's Mass where the recessional hymn is replaced by an organ postlude. I will be playing the hymn Christus Vincit with a trumpet dialogue intro, regular harmonization of the hymn, a simple interlude, and a last verse, free organ accompaniment (well, not accompanying anybody but you get what I mean). I do not know a lot about writing out music so bear with whatever scribbles I have on the score. You can listen to me play it (or try at least) tomorrow morning at the conclusion of the 10 AM Mass via our parish's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl7...dc1VvDeEkVtK4A). The Mass will also feature a prelude of Leon Boellman's Suite Gothique (1. Chorale) and the traditional Christus Vincit gregorian chant. Have a wonderful celebration of Christ the King!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Philip Powell; 11-21-2020, 03:02 PM.
    “I play the notes as they are written (well, I try), but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
    Organs I Play:
    - Allen 2100(T); 1951 M.P. Moller, 3 manual, 56 stop, 60 ranks, (Opus 8152); and 1965 Balcom and Vaughan 3 manual, 34 stops, 25 ranks (Opus 690)

I think it looks good.

Comment

Working...
X