For the Millionth Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nutball View Post
    Nut, lots of work there. Thanks for the slo-mo.

Wished you'd played the whole thing at the end in normal speed.

The part that many make the mistake is within the chord structure after all that intro, right before the vocals come in.

Comment

It's that 2-2/3 stop that I think really confuses people because it throws bass right in the middle of the treble.
      Allen 530A

Comment

It's that 2-2/3 stop that I think really confuses people because it throws bass right in the middle of the treble.
        No I mean the way the chords are played seconds before the vocal comes in and is what the organ part is up against the lyrics of the first verse.

It's been such a long time
        I think I should be goin', yeah

The "turn around" if you count four after the intro solo lead lines, at the 4 count of the second bar, there's a little note that the original plays that many leave out, mainly because the transcriptionist missed that lick and the others who read off the transcription kept playing the wrong thing.

Listen to that part of the song (the original full song intro when the vocals come in AND the organ track I posted) but you'll need to reacquaint yourself with someone playing off the transcription error in order to notice it.

It's subtle but to me it separates those with critical listening ears and gets the rhythm in the right sequence for that spot in the song over those backing chords.

Comment

Oh, yea I know what you are talking about. I noticed that too. Some lady on youtube playing a red keyboard with lots of distortion screwed up the intro, but seemed to get those chords correct.
          Allen 530A

Comment

I understand it's a point of pride to get it correct, but in a noisy bar, who's going to notice?
            "Two wrongs don't make a right except in jayazz". Rev. Billy C. Wirtz

Comment

Originally posted by flatrockmobile View Post
              I understand it's a point of pride to get it correct, but in a noisy bar, who's going to notice?
              A man was told to take a chicken and go and kill it where no one can see.

The man comes back, chicken still alive.

They asked, why didn't you kill the chicken?

Answer:
              Because everywhere I took the chicken, the chicken could see...

Comment

I don't take pride in getting it right. I love truth, and can't stand it when people get things wrong. I'm not saying my version is 100% correct, but from what I've seen, it's the most accurate out there. I'm almost too shy and humble a person to put something like that out there, but I want the truth to be known.
                Allen 530A

Comment

I don't take pride in getting it right. I love truth, and can't stand it when people get things wrong. I'm not saying my version is 100% correct, but from what I've seen, it's the most accurate out there. I'm almost too shy and humble a person to put something like that out there, but I want the truth to be known.
                  My end I respect the music and play it without human personality attached, but rather human emotion that created it.

Like getting the atomic structure of gold wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.webelements.com%2F_media%2Felements%2Fkossel_diagrams%2Fkossel-atom_Au.png&f=1.png
Views:	7
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	661267

Comment

I am new hear and love the organ so much. I also love rock music hear as man cannot live on Bach alone. John Lord is my favorite Rock guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X