In honor of today's date...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of today's date...

You had me stumped at first. It's neither the birth or death dates for George Wright or Dave Brubeck and my search of other events for today left me without a connection here.

THEN it dawned on me - Take Five is in 5/4 time! Duh, guess the old brain is running a bit slow today.

Perhaps we could use this as the start of a thread on here like the "Car Talk" puzzler, only with similar musical references to dates.
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Saville Series IV Opus 209; Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Gulbransen Rialto; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

I liked the joke about 5/4 when my niece posted it on FB, and the first place I ever heard "Take Five" was George Wright's rendition on my parents' and grandmother's LPs. It seemed only fitting to share this recording here!

I always liked "Car Talk," so that is an intriguing idea you have there. I don't have any more ideas to suggest right now, but perhaps other folks can contribute the next one .

Comment

Working...
      X