This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ton Koopman

Who here likes Ton Koopman? I am a huge fan of all his interpretations of Bach's works for harpsichord and organ.

Re: Ton Koopman

I like his playing. Not exclusively; but I like his playing.

Comment

Huge fan of Ton Koopman</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFrVdo5c4mg</p>

/thread as they say [:)]
      </p>

Comment

I supportand enjoy his playing in many ways but for some pieces I just hate his choose of tempi or his strictness with rythm in some more "free" pieces.

Comment

De Maistre,</p>

I can't say I am a fan of "all" his interpretations of Bach. He is definitely fascinating in his approach to baroque music. Sometimes it sounds like he is suffering from an involuntary tremor - his ornamentation is just over the top, sometimes messing up the melodic line. He is of the TPM school of playing. TPM stands for x number of trills per minute, the higher the better.</p>

At least he is not a boring player, as a lot of organists seem to be these days both in person and in recordings.</p>

AV
          </p>

Comment

[quote user="arie v"]

De Maistre,</p>

I can't say I am a fan of "all" his interpretations of Bach. He is definitely fascinating in his approach to baroque music. Sometimes it sounds like he is suffering from an involuntary tremor - his ornamentation is just over the top, sometimes messing up the melodic line. He is of the TPM school of playing. TPM stands for x number of trills per minute, the higher the better.</p>

At least he is not a boring player, as a lot of organists seem to be these days both in person and in recordings.</p>

AV
            </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

I'm a member of the TPM school as well hehehe -- I always add a trill or mordent whenever I can. I find his interpretations of harpsichord music (has anyone heard his recording of Joseph Hector Fioco's Suite de Clavecin?) especially...satisfying. </p>

Comment

I really admire his musicianship, trills and all. Heck, I purchased many of his LP's, CD's and most of his performance DVD's. Big fan, here!

Comment

He is my modern day musical hero! Ton is just the best there is out there right now.</P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

-- btw interesting screen name (original poster) I saw that show, flap jack on tv once. funny! :D</P>

Comment

hehehe</p>

my user name is after Joseph de Maistre, a Catholic political philosopher who lived during the Masonic French Revolution, but my avatar is a picture of Flapjack dressed as a sardine in order to stow away to Candied Island. :) </p>

Comment

xD candied island. Oh I was watching that today lol. I feel too young again. Its a silly cartoon. bubby and captin knuckels. lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X