This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzanne Chaisemartin

Madame Chaisemartin is one of my favourite organists, and one of the best interpreters of Dupre in my view. I think she is one of his last surviving disciples, and at 80+ years old, is still active as an organist and has just released a new recording from St.Augustin in Paris, where she remains as organiste honoraire.
    I would be interested to hear comments from others upon her recordings and playing.

Timothy Guntrip

Re: Suzanne Chaisemartin

Wow, Tim- good on ya!

Suzanne Chaisemartin is tops. I have her recording of the Dupre Les Vepres.... But can't seem to locate other recordings. Perhaps most of them are not currently available? Do you have other Dupre from her?

Jason

Comment

I have that recording too. She is amazing. The format is wonderful with the Die Mitglieder der Choralschola chanting the verses. I would love to have other recordings from her.

Rob

Comment

Hey - what about Sophie Veronique Cauchefer Choplin at St. Sulpice?

She is a wonderful interpreter of the great organ literature we all know.

Comment

Indeed - she did a recording a few years ago at St.Sulpice of various works by Marcel Dupre. It is a truly excellent recording which shows off the Cavaille-Coll masterpiece.
          You can find some of her recordings on www.aeolus-music.com .

Yes, Sophie-Veronique is another of my favourite organists, and her improvisations knock my socks off! When I met her, she was incredibly enthusiastic, particularly so about the St.Sulpice organ. She has done quite a few recordings in the Festivo label.

Comment

Comment

[quote user="giovannimusica"]Hey - what about Sophie Veronique Cauchefer Choplin at St. Sulpice?

She is a wonderful interpreter of the great organ literature we all know.

[/quote]

We are extremely fortunate that Sophie Veronique Cauchefer Choplin will be giving a recital on our new organ in Westport next year. She is, I am told, among the best organists working today. I am very much looking forward to meeting her.

Comment

Several summers ago I attended Sunday service in the tribune of Notre-Dame d'Auteuil in Paris. Immediately prior to the service, the titulaire informed me that the woman I espied at the foot of the staircase was indeed, Madame Chaisemartin. [:O] They had a very cordial discussion, post-service.</P>

What an experience!</P>

Comment

[quote user="acc"]Musically speaking, her playing has a lot of punch, yes. But frankly, her technique is not what it used to be 30 years ago.

[/quote]</P>

I guess you're right. I heard an extract on a site of her recent CD from St.Augustin, of the Gigout Toccata. Whilst the written values were impeccable, the tempo was constantly shifting uneasily, particularly towards the beginning.
                  However, I quite admire that, at the age of about 86, she is still performing, even if only occasionally at St.Sulpice for a mass, and still playing those acrobatic Dupre movements! She'll be next playing there on 13th August. </P>

Comment

Mr. Odell,

Thats wonderful news that Mme. Cauchefer-Choplin will be doing the recital - WoooHooo.

Cheers,

Giovanni

Comment

Working...
                    X