X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cameron Carpenter at Trinity Church Wall Street

[quote user="radagast"]

My only possible question about liking CC would be in regards to his interpretations, not his technical ability.</p>[/quote]
    Well that was my question too. CC's technical ability was nothing short of astounding (not to mention his registrations), but I think I could get a better feel for him as an overall organist if I heard him in some other repertoire. I believe that is also the opinion of other members here.

Comment

for more standard repertoire, he also recorded a CD for Allen organs featuring Bach (BWV 542) and Franck (Piece Heroique), Schumann, Reger, and of course several pieces requiring an amazing pedal technique.Looks interesting, but I don't know about the organ. </P>

Comment

From watching the video online all I could pay attention to was his fingers! Plus I think Pictures comes across best on piano- didn't Jean Guillou also record his own transcription of it? </P>

It was definitely impressive but to me the concert was not particularly moving. It would be interesting to hear him in works that aren't made into just fireworks.</P>

Comment

Working...
        X