Karen Christianson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen Christianson

A rising young organist I saw in recital this afternoon at St Paul's Chapel of Trinity Wall St.

I loved her repertoire, her comments were interesting and educational and her playing was very fine.

See it here https://trinitywallstreet.org/video/pipes-one-61

The program isn't posted yet, but included pieces by Stanford, Bach, Schumann, Buck, Thayer and Gigout - the last one was Rhapsodie sur des Noƫls, which I adore, so I walked out very happy.

Indeed! A bright new star for sure. Very Sensible playing (look at how little her wrists move over the compass... very quiet technique, always a good indication of a well learned musician). A couple little glitches with the Bach but that's overly picky criticism for an otherwise outstanding concert. My guess is that Noack has a fussy action. There is no perfect recording of the Toccata in F BWV 540 that i've ever heard. Apparently she is a graduate of The Episcopal Academy Philadelphia, Havard University, University of Durham (in the U.K.) and The Boston Organ Studio run by Christian Lane.

I wish she had a commercial recording, she is surely qualified. I would patronize it.

I had the pleasure of meeting her significant other at my workplace by pure happenstance. He was quite surprised by my fandom! Though I've never met her, I am sure they are both lovely people. Dare I say us young people are making the organ more popular these days?

Comment

I, alas, cannot count myself amongst the young people anymore but do go forth and make organ popular!

Comment

Working...
      X