This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Lord's B3 to Marshal Stack Modification

How did Lord modify his B3 to play through a Marshal stack?

He used a C3 for live though, I think he added a 1/4 line out output to it and then plugged a guitar cable to it and then ran it to it
    Current Organs/Keyboards:1967 Hammond H-111, 1971 Hammond L-112, 1972 Hammond T-524

Leslie cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 & 1974-76 Leslie Model 705
    Past Organs/Keyboards: 1961 Hammond L-101, 1974 Kawai E-300, 1968 Yamaha B-55N, 1979 Yamaha Electone B-55N, 1984 Yamaha Electone ME-50 and a lot more!

Comment

He used a direct line out with a RMI electric piano built into the C3 cabinet and lots of other changes, likely Bill Beer style effect loops etc, to get the Machine Head era sound,
      Originally posted by KastleBravo View Post
      How did Lord modify his B3 to play through a Marshal stack?
      older Deep Purple was pretty much straight Hammond and Leslie if you listen, much mellower stuff.................
      1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

Originally posted by jdoc View Post
        He used a direct line out with a RMI electric piano built into the C3 cabinet and lots of other changes, likely Bill Beer style effect loops etc, to get the Machine Head era sound, older Deep Purple was pretty much straight Hammond and Leslie if you listen, much mellower stuff.................
        And when Ian Gillan and Roger Glover were sacked and replaced by David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes (MkIII), he started using leslies again, even through the reformation of MkII (Perfect Strangers, House of Blue light etc.) In the Mk III and MK IV period I believe he used gutted and supermodded leslie's, powered by Crown amps (not sure, I believe I read that somewhere). I am not sure what he used during the Perfect strangers and on era... But he definitely used leslies in that period.
        Vintage:
        Hammond L122 (1969)
        Leslie 122 (1969)

Philicorda GM760
        Elkatone 610 Leslie Clone
        An Italian Leslie Clone, unknown model (in service)

New:
        Yamaha P-105
        Roland Juno-Stage

Comment

I do believe you are correct, screamin' Leslies at that point......and Crowns IIRC........
          Originally posted by Leonvdb View Post
          And when Ian Gillan and Roger Glover were sacked and replaced by David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes (MkIII), he started using leslies again, even through the reformation of MkII (Perfect Strangers, House of Blue light etc.) In the Mk III and MK IV period I believe he used gutted and supermodded leslie's, powered by Crown amps (not sure, I believe I read that somewhere). I am not sure what he used during the Perfect strangers and on era... But he definitely used leslies in that period.
          1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

The threads on this site might make an interesting read:
            http://www.dawksound.com/home.html
            Just click on forum, and then artists, Jon Lord. A lot of interesting facts on that site, also about blackmore and glover, and the granddaddy of the metal-riff, Tony Iommi.
            Vintage:
            Hammond L122 (1969)
            Leslie 122 (1969)

Philicorda GM760
            Elkatone 610 Leslie Clone
            An Italian Leslie Clone, unknown model (in service)

New:
            Yamaha P-105
            Roland Juno-Stage

Comment

Working...
            X