Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering LENNY DEE gone 10 years today..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,
    I'm from London in the U.K. and my sons are now in their 30's. When they were really young we had thre or four family holidays in Florida (theme parks, etc).
    We used to split between Orlando and St Petersburgh Beach (one week each). Arrived at St Pete's and noticed a billboard outside a Hotel advertising Lenny Dee in residency.
    Suffice to say, I spent an amazing evening at his Cabaret Show and approached him sheepishly at the end,(not knowing how a big star like him would react). I explained
    I was from the U.K. and was a learning organist and that I had many of his music books that I really enjoyed playing. He came forward and hugged me with a big grin on his
    face. We chatted for around twenty minutes, and he was genuinely surprised that somebody from a country so far away not only knew him but happened to own and play
    music books he had produced. I purchased four additional music books from him that I did not have and each one he individually signed inside the front cover with the words,
    "To Chris from your friend Lenny Dee".
    I know it's not much of a story but I found him not only to be a magnificent organ player but a very humble man. It was an absolute pleasure to meet him. Something I will never forget.
    Chris

Comment

Working...
    X