This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Graham

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but we used to regularly attend to hear David Graham play at Blackpool Tower, particularly when he switched onto the Yamaha ELX 1 also featured on a 1995 CD of his 'The very thought of you'.
    I've often wondered what happened to him although the last time I spoke to him in the 90's he was very keen on spending more time in his music studio. A very popular organist and performer at the time.

The last time I wandered back stage at the tower that very ELX 1 was still present although languishing in dust and looking worn out. Thankfully someone took a bit of video of it https://youtu.be/aUw_320KTOY
    HAMMOND XE200 Special Edition

Comment

Comment

Yes roland AT900 i believe now but not been for about 4 years, I remember going to see B3000 early 80's think was replace by either pro90 or fn3 ( console G7 ).
        Last time I went about 2012 you could go in to ballroom balcony for free to listen but now charge for that.

Comment

Gleamed a little bit more info now back from the seaside and T'tower. The tower owners had boxed off an area and within is said to be another electronic organ with one player saying he believed to be a old Gulbransen, it seems the only other Electronic organ in use is the Roland today. All this makes it even more fascinating as to what actually is 'in the box' but the chaps did mention they may open the area again and remove it which will be good news. No sign of old Yamaha's and they are long gone as is the Wersi which again a organist confirmed playing using it was abandoned due to endless and failures on stage.

Any news of David Graham please let us know with thanks.

Comment

Never seen a gulbransen there, used to be hammond until technics/yamaha took over in mid 80's. Remember the C3 on stage in lounge had several leslies, think was the one previously in the ballroom, organs seemed to go to lounge when replaced in the ballroom, back when lounge had organists playing.

Comment

Working...
            X