This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemare

I'm trying to gather info on Edwin H.Lemare to write a wikipedia article on him, but I know absolutely bupkis about him, other than that he was a great organist and transcriber for organ. So, what do y'all know about him?

Re: Lemare

I find it puzzling that you would writea Wikipedia article on someone you know absolutely nothing about! [:S] But I am glad you have the initiative to inform people in such a way - especially since it seems there is nothing on Wikipedia currently.</P>

How is it that you know about Lemare - from recordings? If you do, there should be something in the CD notes.</P>

Also if you have a chance to buy any of the Lemaremusic books from Wayne Leupold you will find a very lengthy, detailed description of Lemare and his works included in the preface of each volume.</P>

Keep in mindthat much of what I'm describing is probably copyrighted material.</P>

Comment

I know of lemare from recordings, yes, but they are recordings I heard on the radio, and I own no organ recordings, and the only book of organ music I own is a book of Buxtedhude my music theory teacher bought me, SO like I say, I know very little.

Comment

Hi, I have volume one of that series by Leupold. There is indeed a fair amount of information about him in the preface. Including an essay on, "The Art of Organ Playing" by the man himself. The preface section is about twenty pages long. I am sure the contents of this book are under pending copyright so I will not be able to post them here, but in the interest of raising 'Lemare awareness' I am willing to scan some of these pages and email them to you if you want. I would expect you to rewrite the facts in your own words, cite references, and adhere to all the other formalities. I think it would be good to have some information readily available.</p>

-Joe.
        </p>

Comment

I remember a serial article on Lamare in <U>The American Organist</U> (the journal of the AGO) at least 10 years ago. If you have access to their database, they would make a very thorough source for you. Good luck![8-|]</P>

Lee</P>

Comment

[quote user="Austin766"]I know of lemare from recordings, yes, but they are recordings I heard on the radio, and I own no organ recordings, and the only book of organ music I own is a book of Buxtedhude my music theory teacher bought me, SO like I say, I know very little.
            [/quote]</p>

</p>

You didn't give me your email.</p>

Comment

Working...
            X