Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started listening to Everett Nourse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started listening to Everett Nourse!

I am really struck by Everett Nourse's style of playing the theatre organ, I honestly have never heard of him before. I am just starting to branch out to other organists. Prior to just a few months ago I was mainly interested in the Blackpool Reg Dixon type of organ playing style with the exception of Richard Hills and a few others. Gosh, where have I been! Lol.

The theatre organ is such an intoxicating instrument. Once you get it in your blood it is always there.
    Chris Nabil - Owner of a Roland Atelier 900 Platinum.

Everett Nourse was great! If you can find a copy, he did a demo tape for Debtronix, and went through each of the voices of the theatre organ, played a scale on it, and showed how it could be used in theatre organ registrations. If you can find a copy, it is worth having.

Comment

That sounds like something worth tracking down, I will keep my eyes out for it!

Comment

Which Everett Nourse recording did you listen to? I have access to all of them.
        Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

John, this was the clip that I saw!

Comment

Working...
          X