• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reuter opus 2238, St. James Episcopal Church, Texarkana, Texas

Reuter opus 2238

Re: Reuter opus 2238, St. James Episcopal Church, Texarkana, Texas

link to installed pics:

http://www.dgmgraphics.com/SLIDESHOWS/ORGANTOUR/

I like that big 16' diapason!!! hmmmm ;)

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Looks like a lot packed in there. Also looks like large scales for the room. Know what the wind pressure is? How's it sound?

Comment

[quote user="NYCFarmboy"]I like that big 16' diapason!!! hmmmm ;)[/quote]That's a lot ofzinc... [:|]

Comment

Does that mean a brighter sound, or less durable material? Is your reference to the diapason or the whole organ? I know I like more lead in the 8's (I think). Would enjoy a building lesson here. [:D]

Comment

Zinc is often used as a cost-cutting measure, especially for basses. It can be difficult to voice well.

I suppose it is not surprising to see so much zincsince the smaller pipes are not yet installed in these photos.

Comment

a 16' pedal diapason is the rank I would MOST wish I could have on my home organ. It is technically possible space wise but then I'd have no view out my front windows. LOL maybe if they could make them of glass? ;) or clear PVC? hmmmm :)

Comment

I agree NYC; if there was one stop I could add to my residence organ it would be a 16-foot principal or violone. All 32 pipes would really be nice!

Comment

Maybe Im missing somthing but that 16' dosen't look all that big. Thanks for the pics! It's always interesting to see how organs are set up.

Comment

[quote user="mpsnknox"]Maybe Im missing somthing but that 16' dosen't look all that big. Thanks for the pics! It's always interesting to see how organs are set up.[/quote]

Try getting into your average living room and then see how big it actually is.

[;)]

Comment

[quote user="Ludwig tone"]Thanks for sharing! Looks like a lot packed in there.  Also looks like large scales for the room.  Know what the wind pressure is?  How's it sound?[/quote]

I think in picture 5 of the link, one can see the rest of the church (maybe picture 13).  It looks like most of the pictures show only the altar area, so the church does look smaller.  The pews confused me, but I think perhaps the choir area?  That said, however, it does look like a generous scale.  Perhaps to make it around the corner?

Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
                      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
                      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
                      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Here is a link to a photo gallery on the church's web site.

About 2/3 of the way down the page there is a picture of the choir area and altar dated Easter Vigil 2009.

The visible organ pipes show, as does the woodwork concealing the lower portion of the pipes.

Church site also has an interesting pictorial of both the organ installation and the appeal that was made to raise funds to replace their 1921 Henry Pilcher & sons organ.

http://www.stjamestxk.org/stainedglass01.htm

Comment

[quote user="Menschenstimme"]

[quote user="mpsnknox"]Maybe Im missing somthing but that 16' dosen't look all that big. Thanks for the pics! It's always interesting to see how organs are set up.[/quote]

Try getting into your average living room and then see how big it actually is.

[;)]

[/quote]

Im saying the pipes scaling (circumference... aka its "scale") dosn't look big.

Comment

I agree - theyappear to bestandard scales for a 16' Diapason, or even a bit on the small side. Of course, it is hard to tell without measuring it in person. [:)]

Comment

Working...
                            X