This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Stop List

What would be a good stop list for the SW, GT, and PED for an organ with five ranks?

For example the ranks, are Diapason, Gedackt, Gemshorn, Voix Celeste, Oboe

Thanks for your assistance.

james
    Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
    Baldwin Spinet 58R
    Lowrey Spinet SCL
    Wurlitzer 4100A
    Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
    Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
    Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Hi James:
    This is just a quick spontaneous response; so I would not suggest that you build and organ based only on what I am saying here.

GREAT: Diapason 8, Gedackt 8, Gemshorn 4, Gedackt 4, Gemshorn 2-2/3, Gedackt 2, Celeste 1-3/5 (specially tuned), Gemshorn 1-1/3, Oboe 8

SWELL: Diapason 8, Gedackt 8, Gemshorn 8, Celeste 8, Diapason 4, Gemshorn 2-2/3, Gedackt 2, Celeste 1-3/5 (specially tuned), Gedackt 1-1/3, Oboe 8

PEDAL: Gedackt 16, Diapason 8, Gedackt 8, Diapason 4, Gedackt 4, Oboe 16, Oboe 8, Oboe 4
    Last edited by Menschenstimme; 09-04-2010, 11:50 AM. Reason: add commas

Comment

16' subbass for the pedal, 8',4',2' and mixture for the rest.

Comment

Before I would suggest a tonal scheme for the organ, I would want to know what type of music you want to play on it, and the number of pipes in each set, as that may determine the extent to which you can unify the organ in question, the control system available, the number of available stop controls (the number of stop keys or drawknobs in each manual section)...full particulars are in order.

Rick in VA

Comment

Working...
        X