X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Supply Question

Please help me with a memory lapse:
    I was showing a visiting organist the blower room late last evening (after allowing him to play for about two hours while I was at dinner). There is a "regulator" immediately off the blower that is there to not only stabilize the wind somewhat but also to reduce noise within the wind lines. I cannot remember the special name that we call it.
    Is this perhaps normally known as the --

"Static Reservoir" ?

Many thanks!!

P.S.: The organist had a most enjoyable evening.

Sounds correct to me....

Comment

More typically it is called a "Static Regulator" but it is a reservoir, so either would be essentially correct. It's functions are several, as you have noted...it reduces, to some degree the turbulence from the fan blades, but also acts as a reserve when very large demands are placed on the organ's wind system. Some builders use the static regulator to drop the static pressure of the blower to a margin closer to that of the chest pressure, particularly when schwimmers are used, as they have a limited ability to regulate the wind pressure beyond a certain drop amount (approximately 1.5 inches water column from the 'fresh' wind to the regulated pressure in the chest).
      Rick in VA

Comment

Thank you all very much!
        Our organ has many regulators under their respective chests. We also have a Festival Trumpet on about 10 inches; so our static regulator would not be dropping the blower pressure.
        Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X