This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Clarabella

Wow! I didn't even know that you could have a pipe that was inverted... That's neat.

Like you were saying about being more "open" than "imitative", would you say, then, that it's closer to a principal than a normal flute?

I think that the organ in the Mormon Tabernacle has a Claribel (Clarabella, same thing).

Is that a picture of the inverted mouth?

Re: Clarabella

Good Morning,

I didn't form my first sentence very well. Both the Clarabella and Melodia are open flutes. I should have compared the open Clarabella to the Stopped Diapason, where the former has more harmonic development than the latter. Stopping a pipe makes it more fundamental in tone. The Clarabella and Melodia can be of very similar scaling, with the mouth treatment making the marked difference in timbre.

So yes, in that the Clarabella has more harmonic development, that would put it between the Principal and Flute.

Indeed, your picture is of an inverted mouth pipe. As you can see, the windway is hollowed out of the cap, which puts it outside of the pipe body itself.

Best,

Nathan

Comment

Buzzy,
      Deranged minds certainly think alike!! Clarabelle the Clown was the first thing that popped into my mind also. LOL!
      Mike

Comment

I was wondering if ANYONE got that joke. I didnt' even get a mercy "LOL" from soundboarddude.

thank you for validaing my existance.

Comment

Working...
        X