X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Springs Organs

Hello,

Heading to Colorado Springs in two weeks for a dentistry course - does anybody have any suggestions for churches/organists I might track down in that area for a bit of organ time or interesting organs I should make an effort to have a look at?

Thanks for the leads,

Chris Wielusiewicz
    Ontario Canada

First Congregational Church has a 3 manual Hook and Hastings with the original tracker action. It has an interesting history, and it's in pretty good shape. I went to a service there once; Bach went very nicely on that organ, among other things.
    As of 7/16/2013, no longer active on forum.
    Practice hard, practice well.

Comment

Originally posted by douçaine View Post
      First Congregational Church has a 3 manual Hook and Hastings with the original tracker action. It has an interesting history, and it's in pretty good shape. I went to a service there once; Bach went very nicely on that organ, among other things.
      Thanks for the suggestion, I've sent them an email.

Also just realized that I've likely posted in the wrong forum, is there any way to cross post or move a post?

thanks,

Chris

Comment

Moved to Classic & Church Pipe Organs forum
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I would check the OHS database: http://database.organsociety.org/index.html
          You can get a listing of all the organs in a particular area.
          You might want to put the following on your list: Air Force Academy Chapel, Trinity United Methodist (4-man. Roosevelt), University of Denver (Shuke - Tracker).

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDC View Post
            I would check the OHS database: http://database.organsociety.org/index.html
            You can get a listing of all the organs in a particular area.
            You might want to put the following on your list: Air Force Academy Chapel, Trinity United Methodist (4-man. Roosevelt), University of Denver (Shuke - Tracker).
            Thanks very much for the suggestions!

Chris

Comment

You will want to check out the Welte-Tripp organs at Shove Chapel at Colorado College and at Grace & Stephen's Episcopal. Also, 1st Presbyterian has a Reuter (I believe) and 1st UMC has a large 4m that is quite nice. Probably the best for early music is the one at 1st Christian. Very nice Baroque tracker. Have fun...

Comment

Working...
              X