This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanamaker Organ Orchestral Division

Peter Richard Conte demonstrates the Wanamaker Organ Orchestral Division.
    (video might take a few seconds to load). Requires Adobe Flash

-Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

wow! very nice. thanks.

Comment

Very, very nice! Thanks for posting!

The voxes with the strings are gorgeous!
      Home organ, same as church's organ - Rodgers 940

Sign on my work toolbox that effectively keeps people away:

DANGER!!! 1,000,000 OHMS!!!

Comment

To someone who only hears Skinner french horns with any regularity, Kimball french horns are quite exciting as a second possibility. Skinner has more "bubble" at the attack, but Kimball might sound more realistic during the sustain. How nice that we get to hear a whole bunch in this organ.
        As of 7/16/2013, no longer active on forum.
        Practice hard, practice well.

Comment

That's what I call an orchestral division!
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

It is WAY past time for a new CD to be made of the Wanamaker (Macy's) organ.
            Cheers from Dallas,Tx
            Jerry F Bacon
            Jerry F Bacon-Dallas,Tx

Comment

Great video...thanks for posting.

Comment

Cannot find said video Help!
                Instruments:
                22/8 Button accordion.

Comment

Just type the words Wanamaker organ orchestral division into a YouTube search and you will see multiple videos of chamber tours that show the orchestral division.

I was fortunate to be working on rebuilding the Christmas Light Show at the store during the years that the orchestral division was relocated to its own, brand-new, chamber to the right of the string division. It was exciting to hear the long-silent Kimball pipework come back to life, rank by rank. I had the privilege to meet the woman who made the gift that funded this project and she was a most amazing, gracious and unassuming person.

The installation of the vox humana chorus in the former orchestral division area was another dramatic development during those years. Do a YouTube search for wanamaker organ vox humana chorus for more on that project.
                  Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Steinway AR Duo-Art 7' grand piano, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico grand piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI, Allen MADC-2110.

Comment

Working...
                  X