This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest playable organ

I like doing research on old pipe organs. I came across this organ. According tot the video they said that this is the oldest playable organ in the world dating back tot the 1300's

Have a look at this organ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDjZFvNaxlM

Do anyone perhaps know about other interesting old pipe organ videos?

I also found this organ. It's one of the oldest organs in Holland in the 1500's

Comment

I've seen that video before. Quite the instrument. I'd hate to have a lot of registration changes though. . . the lever system for controlling ranks looks tedious. . .
      “There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.”
      “What I have achieved by industry and practice, anyone else with tolerable natural gift and ability can also achieve.”
      Johann Sebastian Bach

(at Home) Conn 645 Theater Deluxe
      (at Church) 1836 E. & G.G. Hook Bros, Opus 26

Comment

The oldest pipe organ still playable is in Switzerland: Sion, church of Notre-Dame de Valère (about 1435).
        The second one I think that is in Italy: church of San Petronio in Bologna; Lorenzo di Giacomo da Prato (about 1471/1475).

Comment

E. Power Biggs included the Sion organ in his LP album "The Organ in Sight and Sound". I believe he dated it to 1390.

David

Comment

Working...
          X