Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have very old Organ Hillgreen Lane don't know where to go with it would like to sell!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have very old Organ Hillgreen Lane don't know where to go with it would like to sell!

Hi as the title states I have a hillgreen Lane pipe organ there is a plaque dedicating it that dates to 1924 although it could be older . There are lots of pipes, bench, pedals etc. I know virtually nothing about it and was wondering if there is a market for such things and if someone could advise on who to contact . Thank you!!

Originally posted by AllianceOhMan View Post
    Hi as the title states I have a hillgreen Lane pipe organ there is a plaque dedicating it that dates to 1924 although it could be older . There are lots of pipes, bench, pedals etc. I know virtually nothing about it and was wondering if there is a market for such things and if someone could advise on who to contact . Thank you!!
    For a Hillgreen-Lane organ of that vintage, a good place to start is by contacting the Organ Clearing House. Their website is at www.organclearinghouse.net. They offer a great deal of information about the restoration, selling and buying of pipe organs. The website is very informative in and of itself, and is definitely worth checking out. You don't mention where you and the organ are, but I would think that they can put you in touch with a builder or consultant who can tell you what you need to know about the instrument. Good luck.

Rick Dostie
    Resurrection Lutheran Church
    Waterville, ME USA
    Last edited by rmdostie; 05-16-2015, 06:36 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by AllianceOhMan View Post
      The more information you can provide here - photos especially, but anything else that would help us decipher the size of the instrument - would be helpful. Also, the name and location of the church may provide information if the instrument was entered into one of the historical databases.

Kind regards,
      Shawn

Comment

Working...
      X