This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Drawknob Replacement Discs

After a year of fooling around with stop names written on masking tape I finally bit the bullet and purchased all the replacments from HESCO. I still have a Vox to add to the Choir and a Mixture to bring to the pedal but I'm about to run out of knobs!! Or wait, maybe I'm really about to run out of a place to add chest. (the latter is more the truth)

Re: My New Drawknob Replacement Discs

nice :)

Comment

That's a pretty nice setup you have there. The drawknobs look great! This is a home organ?

Just out of curiosity ... why the great 2 great sub coupler instead of a swell to great? That would give access to the other mutations and the trompette. (and really, I'm just curious. I'm not trying to critique).

Comment

Hmm, I don't see two Great subcouplers. I see a sub, a super, and a unison off - all normal. I have a feeling his Swell to Great is on the coupler rail (right where it should be)!

The only critique I have is that the Pedal Lieblich Gedeckt 16' is out of place and should be placed next to the Bourdon 16'.

Also Don, didn't we talk you out of [:D] puttinga mixture in your Pedal?

It's late and I don't want to look through all the old posts right at the moment. But I seem to recall talking about that some time ago... (?).

Comment

[quote user="Bombarde32"]

That's a pretty nice setup you have there. The drawknobs look great! This is a home organ?

Just out of curiosity ... why the great 2 great sub coupler instead of a swell to great? That would give access to the other mutations and the trompette. (and really, I'm just curious. I'm not trying to critique).

[/quote]
          Hi Bombarde32.....
          The drawknobs are just the sub/super couplers. All the Swell to Great and Choir to Great are the on coupler rail on top of the Swell manual at 16, 8 and 4 foot.
          And yes this is the organ in my home.

Comment

[quote user="soubasse32"]

Hmm, I don't see two Great subcouplers. I see a sub, a super, and a unison off - all normal. I have a feeling his Swell to Great is on the coupler rail (right where it should be)!

The only critique I have is that the Pedal Lieblich Gedeckt 16' is out of place and should be placed next to the Bourdon 16'.

Also Don, didn't we talk you out of [:D] puttinga mixture in your Pedal?

It's late and I don't want to look through all the old posts right at the moment. But I seem to recall talking about that some time ago... (?).

[/quote]
            Soubasse32 you are absolutely correct!! The Lieblich is out of place.[:$] I've been too lazy to unsolder and move the wire around in the console! That would be a good weekend project.
            I remember the conversation we had about the pedal mixture. I can't remember how we left it though. I'll have to go back and re-read as well. Since I already have the coral bass and two reeds in pedal the only other thing that made sense to me was a pedal mixture.

Comment

[quote user="Don Furr"] Since I already have the coral bass and two reedsĀ  in pedal the only other thing that made sense to me was a pedal mixture.
              [/quote]

what about a nice 16' open wood? ;-)

Comment

[quote user="FrenchHorn8"][quote user="Don Furr"] Since I already have the coral bass and two reeds in pedal the only other thing that made sense to me was a pedal mixture.
                [/quote]

what about a nice 16' open wood? ;-)[/quote]
                Hmmmmm. will 16' opens weather the winter months outside on the patio???[;)] When we bought this house David told me I could install however much organ would fit in the finished basement but that was it. I think I've got enough room to put in the new Vox chest and then it's all over. No more room....no more organ.[:'(]
                I keep thinking what it's going to be like to move all this "stuff" in a few years when we are tired of Atlanta. I'm not sure if I gave it away anyone would take me up on it. Just kidding...I'll have to move the organ whenever moving time rolls around.

Comment

Why not have a Resultant? If your Lieblich is not too small-scaled (and thus 'quinty') you can wire it to speak at 10 2/3' - it should make a nice effect, with minimal resources (no new pipes).

Much prettier than a Pedal mixture! [:)]

Comment

Home Organ

Greetings....

Where is the console located in relation to the organ? Is it in the basement as well?

- N

Comment

Re: Home Organ

Yeah, the console is located in front of the organ all in the same room.

Comment

Don,

I really like those new stops and the selection. The chimes being available in the pedal division is a nice touch. Your hands can be busy playing and your feet can just chime in. I like that.

Looking at people's suggestions I thought of one or two, but I can play organs not create them so I'm way outta my league here. But I do have a question, how come someone suggested that you not have a mixture in the pedal division? How about a smaller Mixture II?

Just curious.

Comment

Hi ReedGuy......
                          I'm still pondering the possibilities of what to do in the pedal. I've always been a believer of the Pedal division with a "huge" presense. I just hate organs that in a full organ posture the pedal is NOT effective. I mean how in hell can you play Virgils' "Now Thank Thee" with a "can't hear" pedal?? I've got the big reed at 16, 8 and 4 foot, the octave and the big 16' flute. I just really think a mixture would round out the pedal division.
                          I'm certainly open for anyone input.

Comment

Hello,

Have you posted the complete spec for your organ on here yet? I can't seem to find it.

- N

Comment

Hi Don,

I think I would give the Mixture a whirl. I definitely agree with you: you can't have a full organ and a weak pedal division. Another thought, I noticeda Bourdon 16 and a Lieblich 16. Any thought to adding a 16 stop from the Diapason family?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X