Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Get To The Wanamaker Organ Console?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do You Get To The Wanamaker Organ Console?

I am quite partial to the Wanamaker Organ in Philly and would love to visit it some day. But I have a question that I can't find the answer to online. I originally thought that there was a gate in the railing surrounding the console, but I recently saw a picture of the console from the third floor, and I could see a stairwell on the right side of the console. Can anyone tell me what that is, where it goes, and where it lets out?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4868671085_367ff2fbb2_b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	613332

The console is on a platform that is about three feet higher than the second floor sales floor. The steps simply lead up from the sales floor to the level of the console. The console is usually open to visitors after each concert but not during the concert. The gate at the bottom of the steps is always locked except for these post-concert times and during tours.

You can learn more about the annual Organ Day in June and monthly tours at: http://wanamakerorgan.com/
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

I cannot resist re-purposing the old "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" joke: with the answer - "Practice, practice, practice!"

Comment

Working...
      X