This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A really small Schlicker organ

At a university near me is a really small Schlicker organ. I thought it was awesome! The 16' stop had really nice bass and the keyboard was high quality. Neat instrument.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4643.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	613621

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4647.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	613622
    Last edited by rjsilva; 09-07-2017, 03:45 PM. Reason: Fixed images
    Viscount C400 3-manual
    8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
    Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Originally posted by rjsilva View Post
    At a university near me is a really small Schlicker organ. I thought it was awesome! The 16' stop had really nice bass and the keyboard was high quality. Neat instrument.
    RJ,

Thank you for sharing this organ with us. I am a bit confused, though. It appears the organ has only three ranks, and those ranks are mounted on chests behind the music rack. Now my confusion--why the Swell pedal? Are there pipes in the two taller towers in front of the windows?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Good question! I have no idea what the pedal is for. There are pipes behind the two taller tower things but they look like the 16' bourdon pipes—it's just a one sided front cover you see in the photos.

Next time I'm able I'll check to see what the pedal does.
      Viscount C400 3-manual
      8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
      Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Comment

The "cover" is actually a common pipe wall shared by the bottom octave of the Pedal 16', with adjacent pipes also sharing side walls. It was a cost-saving technique that is extremely common in these smaller Schlicker unit organs.

The Swell pedal is either wired as a Crescendo, or as a dummy expression pedal for practice purposes.

Comment

Working...
        X