Wicks Sonatina midi question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicks Sonatina midi question

Anyone ever installed a midi kit to one of these? Where would be the best place to connect the ribbon cable ends? As you know there is a cable for each manual and one for the pedals. The wicks has connection screws behind the toeboard, one screw for each pipe, in rows by rank. Since it's unified and duplexed the gedackt row has 85 terminals. I'm hoping there's somewhere else on the console to connect, by key. Also, what voltage is being used in Wicks direct electric? I believe my old Intermidi kit (I de-installed from an Allen T12c years ago) uses 12v positive. Any help appreciated. I had already replaced the Wicks pedalboard with a midi pedalboard to avoid the free reeds, which are a pain and sound bad. Would like to use my voice expanders now also if it's not impossible or expensive.
    Thanks, Jesse in Portland OR.
    Jesse Hargus
    Portland, OR

Jesse,
    Wicks as most other organs of that time used 12-15 vdc for their actions. Your board should work fine.
    Above the keyboard for each manual would be a great place to pick up the keying voltages and yes this would have been a positive supply to the Direct Electric actions. The chest common was the "-" or negative from the power supply. Best of luck.

Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael, I'll pull the console out and investigate behind the manuals.
      Jesse
      Jesse Hargus
      Portland, OR

Comment

Working...
      X