Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website updates, new CD, new pictures and new mp3s...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website updates, new CD, new pictures and new mp3s...

Dear Forum Members,

I have recently updated our website with images from current projects, inlcuding our new organ for St. Ann's of Nyack, New York, the special console we are building for St. John the Evangelist of Newport, Rhode Island, and the restoration we are doing for St. Luke's in New Rochelle.

Links for these can be found on our main page here.

Those of you that read The American Organist may notice our recent restoration project for Old South Haven Church in the "New Organs" section of the current issue. The black and white photo does not really do justice to the stencil work; a link to information about this project can be found here . Incidentally, our organ in Westport was featured in the July issue of TAO, did any of you catch it?.

Earlier this summer we completed production on a new recording of the Westport organ; CDs and mp3 files are now available here

Re: Website updates, new CD, new pictures and new mp3s...

Mr. Odell,

The website looks great! Thanks for posting.

I actually did notice both articles in TAO, and I'm especially impressed with the Old South Haven Church organ - your company did a fine job on this instrument! I agree completely, the black and white photos don't do justice, but I'm afraid that a colour picture really doesn't either! I'd love to see the stoplist of that organ, by the way... I don't remember, is it in the TAO article?

Cheers!

[:)]

Comment

Thanks, SBD!  Yes, the stoplist is in the article.

Comment

Congrats on having your work appear in TAO. I was reading through the bio.'s if the past directors of your firm, and in the biography of Mr. G.W. Odell, you say he received a patent for a tubular pneumatic action first in 1972, and another one later in 1898. Now, I'm no mathematician , but it seems to me, that you meant 1872, not 1972. Other than that minor error, congratulations.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to explore our site, and catching that typo.  Fixed!

Comment

Ed - I notice that when my mouse does a "roll-over" on your top menu, the resulting dialog box appears far down the page; of course the moment I move my mouse to where I can select the option, the dialog box disappears.

Unfortunately, this means your entire site is unnavigable for me (other than the top level pages)...

I'm not sure if it is my browser or your site (?).

I'm using IE7 as a browser and Windows XP.

Comment

Yes, there are some issues with the navigation system with older browsers.  

I would suggest just about any other browser than IE, such as Firefox.

Comment

But is not IE7 as a browser and Windows XP the standard?

Oh well . . .

[:|]

Comment

Well, if by standard you mean "bundled with every version of XP" then,  yes.   But as a browser it is one of the most exploited in terms of adware, malware, and other viral attacks.  I have not run any version of IE for several years.  Admittedly I am on a Mac, but on any platform Firefox is a far better browser than IE.  Personally I alternate between that and Safari.

Comment

Working...
                  X