Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last weekend?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last weekend?

They had their annual Christmas concert last weekend. Richard Elliott did what was supposed to be an in-between numbers organ solo and ended up totally stealing the King's singers' thunder; he got by far the biggest applause. 22,000 people were practically screaming from their seats. For anyone who doesn't know, the organ in the LDS Conference Center is a new Schoenstein completed in 2003, with 130+ (I believe they've added at least 3 ranks since that number) ranks. Not sure if it was the 32' Diaphone or the 32' Trombone, but the building was shaking at the end. Was absolutely breathtaking.

Re: Conference Center Schoenstein

Conference Center is a new Schoenstein completed in 2003, with 130+ (I believe they've added at least 3 ranks since that number) ranks--quote

Can you divulge the additional stoops added since the organ was completed?

Comment

Re: Conference Center Schoenstein

Hi sesquialtera16,

Now that I think of the numbers, I'm not sure if it was 3 ranks. I know that in 2004 the offical number of pipes was 7,667. Next I heard it was 7,708.

See http://elliottrl.tripod.com/cc/spec.html for the specification.

Comment

Re: Anyone see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last weekend?

Actually, no, but I did watch them during Conference over the weekend . It is also my understanding that Richard Elliott has undergone arm surgery and will be forced to stay off the bench for 3 months, but I assume he'll be back in action for the next General Conference.

Comment

Re: Anyone see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir last weekend?

Yes, he injured his arm, and had to have surgery to reattach the biceps. I understand he's hopeful to be back on the bench by Dec. 1 or so.

Comment

Working...
          X