3 New Organs for Trinity Wall Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 New Organs for Trinity Wall Street

There is an interesting article in today’s New York Times about Trinity Wall Street. The church is undergoing a renovation that will include 3 new organs when it is completed.

In a video on the Trinity website Julian Wachner, Trinity’s Director of Music and the Arts, says the organ for the nave is being built by a partnership between Rosales and Glatter-Gotz. He mentions that 8,000 pipes will be installed in the rear gallery and 2,000 pipes will be installed in the front. It is not clear if these will be two separate instruments (even if playable at one console.) He also does not mention a third organ. I was not able to find information about this project on the Rosales and Glatter-Gotz websites. Anyone have more information?

Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

My guess is that the third organ is referring to the recently transplanted Noack in St. Paul's Chapel.

https://www.noackorgan.com/opus/161/

Comment

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      I wondered the same thing, although that instrument is already installed in the chapel. I also thought that the third instrument might be a small continuo instrument.

Have they said what their plans are for the massive M&O organ?

Tony
    Home: Johannus Opus 370

Comment

• voet
      voet commented
      Editing a comment
      Tony, they made no mention of the M&O. I also thought that they had the former AS in storage so it could be restored, but that is not mentioned either.

• ContraBourdon
      ContraBourdon commented
      Editing a comment
      The Aeolian-Skinner was donated by Trinity to Johns Creek UMC (Atlanta, GA), was refurbished and enlarged by Casavant, and installed in, I believe, 2017.

Hi,

The M & O, has been removed from Trinity WS, and has been refurbished, and is fore sale, unless it has been sold already.

AV

Comment

Working...
    X