What grade is this piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grade is this piece?

What grade is Dankt, Dankt nu Allen God by F. Asma? I would like to learn this but I’m not sure if it’s too hard! The link to the YouTube video is https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0p8D5WHpSo.
    Thanks

It sounds pretty hard. Although might not hard for you, depends on your level.

Comment

Looks pretty difficult, but difficult usually just means more practice time is required, not like it's near impossible or anything like that. One of the first things I tried learning to play was Widor's toccata, it just took time, but I eventually got the hang of it at a satisfactory rate. There's a difference between just playing it and playing it well. The well part takes even longer, but not enough to discourage.
      Allen 530A

Comment

I would expect this to be rated 8 or college level. Thanks for bringing this up - I was not familiar with Asia’s works.

Comment

Thanks for replying, I’m trying to organise a piece that I could play at GCSE and was thinking of ending it on a perfect chord at around the 3 minute mark. I might just spend a while practicing it! Hkleb no problem, I happened to come across it by chance, I seem to enjoy Dutch organ improvisation/fantasies more than other genres!

Comment

I agree it looks complicated, but there is a recipe. Slow down and increase the pace + practice, practice.

Comment

LiamBlack thank you - I love this piece so I'm going to learn it - thanks for the tips So far I'm up to around a minute pretty good - might ask to play it on the organ at Hallgrimskirkja tomorrow on a school trip - apparently they're good at letting people try the organ out!

Comment

Working...
              X