Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steiner-Reck Organ Company

Hello all,
    I am interested in possibly learning more about a pipe organ company that is not in operation anymore.
    I would like to learn more about the Steiner-Reck Organ Company of Louisville, Kentucky
    I am the organist at a church where one of their instruments is installed, opus 78 built between 1984-1987, built for Hosanna-Tabor Lutheran Church in Redford, Michigan.
    If anyone has any information about the company, please feel free to share!

This obit of Phares Steiner from The Diapason gives some information about the company. His partner Gottfried Reck was born in Germany. All of their instruments that I am familiar with seem to have "organ reform movement" influence.

https://www.thediapason.com/news/pha...teiner-dead-85
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

Comment

• Jay999
      Jay999 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very Germanic designs, and a lot of German made parts. I am familiar with three of their instruments, installed in churches in Birmingham, and Gadsden Alabama. The most notable feature about these three instruments is the high quality German pipework, with cone tuning. Two are electro/magnetic valves, the third is an electro/mechanical slider instrument.

Tell us about that organ please, romanorganist. I've never heard or played a S-R.

Comment

And they sound great, right?

Comment

• Jay999
        Jay999 commented
        Editing a comment
        When they are in tune. The three instruments I am familiar with are very light winded, and fussy with the slightest changes in temperature.

How trendy that would be. Already in the early 70s at my 1st music school the pseuds were against nice loud full organs. Circa 1985: the famous big one in Zwolle has been rebuilt and...... a builder friend who heard it said they've ripped the bottom out of the sound, you just hear some huffing on small registrations. 2019: a friend gets to hear the new org at St. Tom's in NYC and reports that it has no guts.

Comment

Gottfried Reck's son is still working for an organbuilder in the midwest...if I can remember who, I'll post it here.

Comment

Working...
        X