Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you dream about organs in your sleep?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you dream about organs in your sleep?

I have several dreams about playing them. They are all in churches. One organ was right in the centre of the church on the floor. Other organs are kind of ones I have played in the past. I once had a dream playing one and I wasn't wearing any clothing below the waist! [^o)]

What organs have you dreamed about in your sleep?

Re: Do you dream about organs in your sleep?

[quote user="Choirmaster"]I once had a dream playing one and I wasn't wearing any clothing below the waist! [^o)][/quote]

"PagingDoctor Freud... Doctor Sigmund Freud... "

[:$]

Comment

[quote user="soubasse32"]

[quote user="Choirmaster"]I once had a dream playing one and I wasn't wearing any clothing below the waist! [^o)][/quote]

"PagingDoctor Freud... Doctor Sigmund Freud... "

[:$]

[/quote]

Ugh...lets keep Freud out of this...

(Or I might have nightmares!)

Violoncello

Comment

I've definitely had an odd dream or two with organs in them. Usually they're frustrating because I really can't play organ. haha :)

Comment

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was about to play the organ in St. Paul's Cathedral in London one evening, but as with all my dreams, nothing actually happened! [:(]It was after reading about the restoration somewhere, which said that the chancel organ was complete leaving on the dome sections to be restored. So Ialso dreamt that I was unable to play the dome organ divisions because they hadn't been restored yet......

Oh and the dome organ also had somerandom chimes for some reason.......

Jezza

Comment

I have nightmares about the safety and security of the organ at our church. These nightmares are mostly the result of anxiety regarding our exposed pipe facade and the loft having been broken into several times. The organ has never actually been harmed in any way, thank God. My nightmares are usually about my arriving in the loft to find some or all of the facade pipes missing. SIGH!

Angels and ministers of grace, defend us!

[A]

Comment

[quote user="Violoncello"]

Ugh...lets keep Freud out of this...

(Or I might have nightmares!)

Violoncello

[/quote]

Or Doctor Fraud, as I like to call him. Don't get me started on so-called psychologists and psychiatrists - thats a rant for another day.

As for dreaming about organs, I did have one dream once where I turned up for Sunday mass to find that someone had ripped out the pages of the hymnbook containing the hymns that were to be played that day.

1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
              Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Comment

Oh yes,

I have woken up at night dreaming about the time I had spent at the console of Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, St. Sulpice, and the Wanamaker.

Comment

I have many dreams. Usually about my rodgers cause I dont get to play the pipe organ very much, in fact never anymore. But I had a dream that a robber broke into my hose and somehow walked away with the 900 pound console and speaker!

I also had a dream that I was at the ST cecilias Cathedral in Omaha nebraska, wich was my first pipe organ I played. I was playing it and almost nothing worked on it and it was in total ruins, the church's roof had collapsed and the organ was slowly falling off the balcony. IT WAS A HORRIBLE DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!

AND MY FAVORITE!: I was playing the Atlantic city organ!!!!!! But it had twice the number of stops and like 12 keyboards. The organ apparently worked fully at the time. I got lost in the 400,000 pipes! (don't you wish it was that big?) I then fell into what was supposed to be a full length 128' open metal!!!!????? THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT! And I woke up just after falling!

Comment

What do you have as an after-dinner drink, Brandon?

[^o)]

Comment

Well I am 14, so that doesnt work. But I am just obsessed about organs!

Comment

[quote user="MenchenStimme"]What do you have as an after-dinner drink, Brandon? [^o)][/quote][quote user="Brandon Tuomikoski"]Well I am 14, so that doesnt work.[/quote]

Maybe it is all the additives they are putting in milk these days... [^o)] [:D]

Comment

I also dreamt once that I was playing in some concert hall where the pipes were at the front of the auditorium, but the console was on a balcony at the very back and faced the back wall for some reason, and I couldn't work out how to actually get any sound out of the thing because the console was so wierd and computery.....[:^)]

Comment

Now I had another dream last night about playing the organ, and I was playing at Atlantic City Convention Hall, accompanying an orchestra! Now the console was the normal size, but it had stop tabs and knobs for some reason, and the only divisons I remember seeing were the Great, Swell and Pedal, and of course I didn't bother using the Swell because it doesn't work yet......

And THEN, the ACCHOS president, Stephen Smith, came up to me and talked to me!

Lol, I really need to get a life.........[:$]

Jezza

Comment

Well, Mench, if you really want nightmares, how about the echo division of the Municipal organ in Cleveland? Gone. Completely Gone and unplayable. Started when a Circus "needed to secure their motorcycle tie lines someplace" they trampled all over pipes and then gradually the echo division was broken and stolen. I bet that one will show up in your nightmares now. (your welcome)

Personally, I have had a couple of dreams where I've been playing organ, one of them, all the stop knobs were like those dimmer knobs, and the pedals were like those of a spinet. Another one, the stop knobs were totally inconsistent in what they were, (like one knob would be of one material and style and another would be totally different)

Comment

Working...
                              X