X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawknob Question

Good Afternoon!

The organ I play at church has several drawknobs that are loose from the sleeves. A couple will actually fly out when I hit combo. button.

Is it safe to use simple super glue to get these back in, or should I use something different?

This is the machine: https://pipeorgandatabase.org/OrganD...?OrganID=25693

Thank you!

Please do not use superglue--it won't give you any time to align the head and will be a problem if the head needs to be removed in the future. I would try simply wrapping the stem with a few turns of plumber's Teflon tape to see if you can get a friction fit. It's inexpensive, readily available, and permits removal if needed.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Just to clarify, from the picture I see white drawknobs moving inside black sleeves or collars. The drawknobs are supposed to move easily inside the sleeves. When you say the drawlmpbs are "loose from the sleeves", my brain says that that is how it should be. Perhaps you mean that the black sleeves are loose in the holes in the stop jamb? Could you re-explain for me?

toodles is right - don't use a glue that is so permanent that any future changes or repairs could be difficult or impossible.

Comment

Working...
        X