X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillgreen-Lane Organ Company information

Hello everyone,

I am interested in gaining more information on the Hillgreen-Lane organ Company from Alliance, Ohio. The church I currently serve at in Southeast Michigan housed an instrument in the first sanctuary built by Hillgreen-Lane opus 735, which was originally built in 1923 for the English Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Redeemer in Fort Wayne, Indiana. My church purchased it secondhand in 1958 and an unknown builder did the installation of the organ in 1958, adding a Spencer Orgoblo that delivered 5" of wind, and it served the church until the congregation moved into a new sanctuary in 1970 and purchased a Walcker Portative organ. The pipes from the Hillgreen-Lane organ were dispersed to a former music director of the church in 1968. I have no clue on the disposition of the chests, console, and the current disposition of the pipes.The Spencer Orgoblo is still extant but has been dismantled and the motor is missing.

If anyone has any information or documentation from the company, please do not hesitate to message me, as I hope to uncover more about them and their work.

Thank you in advance,

Roman Lizak

Soli Deo Gloria
    Last edited by romanorganist2020; 06-08-2020, 06:17 PM.

I learned to play on a large(ish) model Hillgreen-Lane in college many years ago before they revamped the entire thing. It was not exactly my favorite instrument but I held sentimental attachments (although the entire organ studio used to joke that if anything went wrong we could just go the the local John Deere implement dealer for parts because organ students tend to be catty).

Comment

Working...
    X