REASSEMBLY OF XAVER VARNUS' CASAVANT ORGAN -NEW- Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REASSEMBLY OF XAVER VARNUS' CASAVANT ORGAN -NEW- Video

REASSEMBLY OF XAVER VARNUS' CASAVANT ORGAN IN HIS PRIVAT CONCERT HALL IN BROOKLYN (ATLANTIC CANADA) [part 2]
    Just posted 10/29/20

Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Thank you for posting this, Paul. How wonderful to see Xaver fulfill his dream!

I found some additional information that readers may find interesting. Here is an article describing this adventure:

https://lighthousenow.ca/article.php...rooklyn_church

I also found information about the organ:

https://pipeorgandatabase.org/organ/...ists%20.item-1
    Last edited by voet; 11-01-2020, 01:01 PM.
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

If you want to hear Xaver Varnus playing this instrument, check out this video:

It must be nice to have your own three manual organ in your private concert hall!
      Bill

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        He certainly has skills! I don't remember any staccato notes in the either the Prelude or Variation part of the piece, though. I like the wainscoating on the walls and ceilings too. It must be a Canadian thing, as there is a small church in the Grand Falls area of New Brunswick where the entire inside of the church is wainscoating. It's really nice!

I also wouldn't mind having the organ either. I'm working on it, though.;-)

Michael

myorgan commented: "He certainly has skills! I don't remember any staccato notes in the either the Prelude or Variation part of the piece...."

He definitely has an interesting interpretation of this well-known piece. I actually like his approach. Sometimes when something is so familiar a different rendering enables me to hear things in the piece that I did not notice before. His phrasing and rubato of the oboe solo almost makes it sound like an improvised melody.

Bill

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Bill,

You're right about different phrasing. The first staccato sounded like a cuckoo (I never noticed that before), and the 2nd in the variation was interesting too. It certainly got my attention!

Michael
    Working...
    X