Bifura Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bifura Stop

Has anyone heard of the stop called Bifura (http://www.organstops.org/b/Bifara.html It is similar to the Doppelflöte with 2 mouths, but it celestes with itself because one of the 2 mouths is placed slightly above the other, creating a celesting effect. Unlike the Ludwigtone (with 2 separate air columns), it only has one column of air.

Has anyone ever seen a real representation of this stop, or played an organ with it?

Michael
    Last edited by myorgan; 11-01-2020, 02:21 PM. Reason: Fix link.
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Here is a cleaned up link. http://www.organstops.org/b/Bifara.html (The one above did not work for me.)

Bill

My home organ: Content M5800 as a midi controller for Hauptwerk

Comment

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Bill. I fixed it. Another "feature" of the Forum!;-)

Michael

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Link problems again myorgan? Looks like the use of parenthesis around the original link was the issue. Maybe you'd have better luck using the link icon in the editor to insert links, or even better, choosing the link post type from the post toolbar. Just a thought.

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      @Admin,

Now don't get too percomplicated on me! I'm just a simple country boy.;-)

I have to admit, I'm a bit lazy when it comes to my links. I've just learned to watch it when I post links from IMSLP (which have parenthesis), and other sites with parenthesis. In this case, I pasted the link inside a parenthesis followed by a question mark, but the Forum software thought the ending was part of the link instead of what it was, probably because of the wildcard. That's not something I find in other software. Oh, well. I continue to post links anyway (and fix them).

Michael
      Last edited by myorgan; 11-02-2020, 06:29 PM.
Working...
X