Interesting comparison of original Arp Schnitger Principal 8' stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting comparison of original Arp Schnitger Principal 8' stops

Principal 8'-only music from recordings of different Schnitger organs spliced one after another.

George

My instrument: Allen MDS-65 with a New Century Zimbelstern
    Former instruments (RIP): Allen ADC 420; Conn Minuet 542

What was interesting about this video is the variation that occurred at the beginning in the 1690s vs. the 1700s. The sound was much more consistent in later organs, with the exception of the wooden Principals. It was intriguing how the sound of the wood was so distinct in those ranks.

Thank you for sharing this video. I wonder if a similar video exists for other stops (i.e. Flutes or Strings)?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Interesting video. I enjoyed it a lot. I wish I had one or even a few of those principals to work with on my church's organ.

Philip
      "I play the notes as they are written (well, I try), but it is God who makes the music." - Johann Sebastian Bach
      Organs I Play:
      - Home: VPO Compiled from Allen 2110 parts
      - Church: M.P. Moller 1951 (Relocated 2015) 3 manual, 56 stop, 38 ranks (Opus 8152)

Comment

I think the tone is actually remarkably consistent. What does vary though, is the base pitch, wind pressure, and the reverberation of the spaces.

Current: Allen 225 RTC, W. Bell reed organ, Lowrey TGS, Singer upright grand
        Former: Yamaha E3R
        https://www.exercisesincatholicmythology.com

Comment

Working...
        X