Setting pistons on Möller opus 8064

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting pistons on Möller opus 8064

Hello Möller friends!! I need a bit of help! I will be playing a Lessons and Carols Service at a Presbyterian Church church in town. The instrument is the wonderful M.P. Möller opus 8064…1956. I have been told I have free reign to set stops on a memory level of my choosing. Could someone please give me a short rundown on the preocedure? Thanks in advance….

Pipedreamer,

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you continue to participate here for a time to come.

I looked at the Pipe Organ Database entry, but there was no help there. Möller made different combination action systems depending on the year of manufacture. Some organs have setter boards inside the pipe chambers, some organs have a system where you press the piston, and move the tab/drawknob where you want it to be on that piston, and still others have digital controls where you press and hold a Set button, and press the piston you want to have that particular combination.

You mention different memory levels, which makes it sound like the organ console has been updated to have a digital combination action.

Is it possible to take a photo of the console and post it here? We're at a loss to help you until we know exactly what type of combination action the organ has. I look forward to your reply.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

The organ is Möller opus 8064…1956 there is no set button. Console was updated in 2004 with Syndyne system

Comment

Originally posted by Pipedreamer65 View Post
        Console was updated in 2004 with Syndyne system
        I believe a pipe organ I played for a concert this Spring had that system, but I forgot how it works. That's my only experience with that type of combination action.

IIRC, the rotary knob is used to select the memory level, then you can either push or pull the rotary knob to select the memory level. The same is true of the pistons within that memory level. I'm working with an old brain here, but again, I think all the combinations were done with the knob and panel provided by the upgraded panel.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

When there isn't a "set" button, you would typically hold the piston in and then move the tabs/drawknobs to the desired positions, then release the piston. It isn't unusual to find those systems on older pipe organs.

Comment

If the organ is Syndyne equipped, and it is not just the switching system, here's how to check for a Syndyne combination action.

There will be a memory level controller consisting either of a rotary switch or a two digit display with up and down buttons mounted on the coupler rail.
            In that case there must be a set button which is depressed and held in while the piston to be programmed is briefly pushed in.

I just recently salvaged a Syndyne combination action dating back to the late 1900s and that is how it works.

Comment

Working...
            X