X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masonic organs

This is an off shoot of the Mansonic organs thread
    [quote user="Philip the organist"]

RE masonic organs: No, I'm not a Freemason, nor will I ever be one, but here in Rochester there is a big Art Deco building downtown built around 1930. It used to be called the Temple Civic Center and was owned/operated by the Masons. Several years back they sold it to the R.B.T.L. (Roc Broadway Theater League) and now half is a theatre and the other half has offices.

They apparently had several small organs in various meeting rooms, and a big Moller in what is now a 200-seat party hall. Also the Rochester Theatre Organ Society reinstalled a 4/23 Wurly in the main theatre in 1964 after the RKO Palace came down.

All the small organs are either removed or unplayable; the Moller is severely water-damaged, but the 4/23 is alive and performing monthly (BTW, free concert this Sunday).

More info: <http://www.theatreorgans.com/rochestr>

Sorry, WAAAY off topic, but maybe it was interesting.[8-|]

[/quote]

[quote user="Austin766"]

gee..We're talking about electronics, not organs in Masonic lodges/temples, oh well, I was going to say I know that the Masonic Temple/PAC in Cleveland has a four manual Austin, I think it has a smaller Austin too, and the local chapter of ATOS (Western Reserve Theater Organ Society) is installing a 4/28 Wurllitzer in the Auditorium at the Masonic Temple (Sorry, Scottish Rite temple...). These are probably much more reliable than the appliances of which you speak.

Sorry, I know it was a bit off topic, but, that is my two cents, and what'd ya want for two cents, a shave and a hair cut (that's two bits anyway).
    [/quote]

Working...
X