Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring reverb YES!

Comment

I love reverb in the right proportion to the instrument, room and other conditions -- and I could use some advice there.

I'd like to add reverb somewhere between the organ and the speakers of our Allen 548 organ -- if nothing else for the classical guitar sound. How best to do it? Yes there's a switch hanging on the swell pedal for it, but it's never worked and to fix it would require a whole new board for the instrument. The Lexicon MX200 looks like fun, but what's the learning curve -- and where do you put it? Etc.

Comment

I don't know what Allen organ you have -- the model number 548 doesn't ring a bell, and I don't recall ever seeing a kick switch for reverb on an Allen.

The Lexicon reverb is a good one and many organ owners have used either the two channel or the four channel version to create extremely realistic reverb fields for their instruments in home settings. The Lexicon can often be connected right into the audio pathway, just ahead of the amplifiers, with the signal passing straight through the Lexicon. You adjust the Lexicon's controls to regulate the type and amount of reverb, and the amount of "wet" signal mixed into each of the organ channels.
        John
        ----------
        Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
        Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
        Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
        Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• jbird604
          jbird604 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking at the Rodgers 548 brochure, I see it has a kick switch for SUSTAIN, but I don't know that it can do reverb with that switch. Are you sure there isn't already a very good reverb built into that model? Should be, as it was introduced in 2008, and by that time period Rodgers was putting really good digital reverb into even the smallest models.

• Victor Jules
          Victor Jules commented
          Editing a comment
          Please see my #17 above.

• Larrytow
          Larrytow commented
          Editing a comment
          Victor, saying see post # 17 does not answer the question. Does your Rodgers have reverb already built in ? As to replacing "the board" - what board are you referring to ? The Sustain kick switch has nothing to do with Reverb. Perhaps it is about time for you to RTFM.

I guess the pedal hangnail is for sustain, different subject. The main board, from what the local fixer said -- I'm board-ignorant. The manual is Greek to me but you may be on to something there -- the s-word appears all thru it. I just don'think I'm going to be able to figure out how to do what.
        https://frogmusic.com/owners-manuals/538i548.pdf
        The Rodgers VP who came to troubleshoot this thing in person said the hangnail was permanently on the fritz.

Comment

• jbird604
          jbird604 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can probably just clip the wires off the kick switch (and tape the ends securely). If the switch is stuck or otherwise defective, no need to have it messing up the rest of the organ. It is there only so you can have sustain on piano and other percussion stops that usually have sustain pedals on the actual instrument.

• Victor Jules
          Victor Jules commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice, but it's not doing any harm.
      Working...
      X